Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files app cannot find anything

Files app and iDrive cannot find any files in subdirectories. Is this normal or just being useless?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:32 PM

Good afternoon SFZack,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have some questions about using the Files app and iCloud Drive on your iPhone.

The iOS operating system is configured differently than macOS. You can create folders to organize your files, but not subfolders or other directories. Take a look at the resources below:

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 12:32 PM in response to SFZack

Good afternoon SFZack,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have some questions about using the Files app and iCloud Drive on your iPhone.

The iOS operating system is configured differently than macOS. You can create folders to organize your files, but not subfolders or other directories. Take a look at the resources below:

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Take care.

Jul 26, 2020 6:59 PM in response to CarlAVII

I find it very difficult to use iCloud and the files app on an iPhone. Especially the search functionality. It appears that it is restricted to the level immediately exposed. Although the files app integrates with Onedrive, again it is restricted to the level currently visible.

it reminds me of the methods for transferring contacts between the Windows Domain to Apple Domain, there is no direct path other than transfer one contact at the time. Microsoft and Apple should cooperate in serving their clients not make them isolated with endless carefully constructed insurmountable obstacles.

otherwise, I love my iPhone tremendously

Files app cannot find anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.