Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought Adobe Illustrator CS6 and InDesign CS6. Why can I not use it.? I payed for it

I bought Adobe Illustrator CS6 and InDesign CS6. Why can I not use it.? I payed for it

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 11:10 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2020 11:22 PM in response to tptsmith

Alas, you didn’t pay for the ability to use it on software releases that didn’t exist back when CS6 was created.

If you want to continue to use CS6, stay with the supported OS X releases, and you’ll be able to use it just fine.

It appears that CS6 was not supported by Adobe for use with macOS Sierra, but sort-of worked.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Adobe support for CS6 ended ~six years ago.

Check with Adobe for new Creative Cloud versions, or seek options from among the competing packages.

Jul 22, 2020 11:33 PM in response to tptsmith

What macOS are you using, CS6 came out quite a long time ago, before High Sierra (if that is the OS you are running, why else would you post in the High Sierra Community) and therefore parts of these apps may not work correctly, Adobe had already upgraded these apps to their subscription model Adobe CC. You cannot expect apps you paid for to keep on working on newer OS's, these companies need to make money and they will find ways to keep on making you pay.

Check on this website, https://roaringapps.com/apps enter the apps name in the Search field and

see if the app can be used in the OS you are running.

If on the other hand you are using macOS Catalina (10.15.x) you should be well aware that it does not run apps that are 32bit this was long publicised by Apple, so your CS6 which are in the most part 64bit apps but have 32bit elements and will not working Catalina.

So depending which macOS you are running may indicate what level of success you have in running these two apps.If you can provide that information then you may get more precise help.

This is also more of an Adobe question, have you approached them or any of their forums.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.