Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having trouble with iPod touch

I bought an iPod Touch for my son off ebay and had to restore it due to him forgetting his password. now I'm running into a problem. theres an activation lock that needs to be bypassed with the original iCloud Apple ID and password (which was from the previous owner) this happens when find my iPhone is enabled and the device is not removed from the account before its given away or upgraded (now I'm hoping it wasn't stolen *sigh* ) does anyone know of any possible way to help me? thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Hello,

The iPod touch is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Most likely if they "forgot" their Apple ID then there is a good chance that you purchased a stolen iPod. There is nothing you, or Apple, can do to unlock this iPod touch. You have 2 options, return the iPod touch for a refund or recycle the iPod touch.

Activation Lock

Apple Trade In - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Stephanie_Lee23

Hello,

The iPod touch is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Most likely if they "forgot" their Apple ID then there is a good chance that you purchased a stolen iPod. There is nothing you, or Apple, can do to unlock this iPod touch. You have 2 options, return the iPod touch for a refund or recycle the iPod touch.

Activation Lock

Apple Trade In - Apple

having trouble with iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.