Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error upgrading OS on mid-2011 iMac

It's been a while since this happened... The update app on my iMac asked me to update my Mid-2011 iMac to Mojave. I went ahead and went through the installation process. I'm getting this error during the installation process: "macOS could not be installed on your computer An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again." I click the "Restart" button and it eventually hits the same error. I'm not able to get past it except rebooting in safe mode.

Silly me, in researching this I found that Mojave can only be installed on Late 2012 or later. I would have thought the update app wouldn't have given me the option to install Mojave if it wasn't compatible.

Is there a way to back out this upgrade?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 9:29 AM

Hello elev5280.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you need some help with stopping the install attempt of an incompatible macOS version. We will be glad to assist.

Please see this resource for steps to start your Mac in macOS Recovery to reinstall the proper macOS: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 9:29 AM in response to elev5280

Hello elev5280.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you need some help with stopping the install attempt of an incompatible macOS version. We will be glad to assist.

Please see this resource for steps to start your Mac in macOS Recovery to reinstall the proper macOS: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Cheers.

Error upgrading OS on mid-2011 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.