Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non existent words

I have autocorrect and auto capitalisation on my iPhone 8. In all my past iPhones I’ve had those random corrections but since an update a few months ago (I cant remember which one) I’ve had very random words. Today I typed in nothing and was autocorrected to boingg. I like the autocorrect and autocapitalisation as it’s easy for the finger to slip. But I’ve just typed finger and figg big and fi ne came up. Is there anyway to stop this happening I’ve reset thy e keyboard settings and the phone itself but nothing’s changing. I don’t mind it auto correcting words but it’s changing words to a random combinations of letters and spaces. Also I was texting someone about my grandmother yesterday and Nan keeps getting put as NaN I’m having to go back and change it every time. I’ve never wrote NaN like that on my own.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:28 AM

Auto Correction uses the dictionary so firstly resetting dictionary settings might help on your device.

You can do this by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

For more information you might want to take a look at this Support Article:

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 10:28 AM in response to abbieca

Auto Correction uses the dictionary so firstly resetting dictionary settings might help on your device.

You can do this by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

For more information you might want to take a look at this Support Article:

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Non existent words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.