Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste function

My iPad Pro is not letting me paste things. It will let me select and copy, but when I try to paste that function doesn’t even appear. I’m just trying to get things pasted from Word to a website to turn in homework.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Jul 23, 2020 7:07 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes, sorry. I was using the Microsoft Word application and I was attempting to copy and paste what I had written to a webpage. I successfully was able to copy the text that I wanted to, but when I went to the webpage, I could not paste the text.

I then tried to copy the text and paste it on the same Microsoft Word document, and again could not paste the text. The only prompts that were popping up were ‘select, select all’.

I tried on a few different applications and webpages and still had an issue with being able to paste.

Jul 23, 2020 8:06 PM in response to elyse166

Actually, elyse166, the behavior you are describing is most consistent with not having copied, in the first place.

If you have nothing copied (nothing in the paste buffer), you will see no option to paste, since there's nothing there.

I know. You are sure you copied the text.

Are you using the popup menu, or a keyboard shortcut, to copy?

How about trying to Cut the text (then paste right back, to be safe).

If the Cut operation clears the text, but you still cannot Paste, perform an Undo.

This is simply a test to help narrow down the potential issues,

Jul 23, 2020 9:55 PM in response to elyse166

So, elyse166, the Cut actually caused the text to disappear, but the popup menu (when you touch where you want to paste) didn't show the Paste option.

Hmm …

However, additionally, the words "copy" and then "paste", somehow, "show up near the top of [your] screen".

🤔

Are you able to click on those words, like you would be able to click within the usual popup menu?

Do those words (and background) look similar to the popup menu words?

Do you only see those words "near the top of [your] screen" within Microsoft Word? Not within any other App?

Do you actually have a fully functional version of Microsoft Word? Or is it some version for which you need a subscription for the fully functional version?

Have you seen this copy/paste issue when using any other Apps?

Paste function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.