Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off two factor authentication

How do I turn off two factor authentication ? The latest advice on forums is at least 2 years old

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:13 PM

I made a mistake earlier - I hold my hands up (I'm not sure if it was on your thread or another) - You can no longer turn off two-step authorisation.

Please see this extract from Apple:

If you are already using two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you have recently updated your account, you can unenrol within two weeks of enrolment. Just open your enrolment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Bear in mind that this makes your account less secure and means you can't use features that require higher security.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 5:13 PM in response to chiew194

I made a mistake earlier - I hold my hands up (I'm not sure if it was on your thread or another) - You can no longer turn off two-step authorisation.

Please see this extract from Apple:

If you are already using two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you have recently updated your account, you can unenrol within two weeks of enrolment. Just open your enrolment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Bear in mind that this makes your account less secure and means you can't use features that require higher security.

turn off two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.