Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot my computer password

i forgot my password on my computer

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 6:18 PM

Hello,

One option is to simply reset it with your Apple ID... To do that enter the wrong password three times and enter your credentials. If that is not enabled. The other option is to use another admin account you have access to then reset the password of the account you are looking for.

There is a last option... Go intro recovery mode (CMD+R while the Mac is starting up...). Open terminal and type:

resetpassword

PS: Do the right thing, if this is not your Mac return it to the owner. Also, I don't know if the last one still works...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 6:18 PM in response to shshshshshwh

Hello,

One option is to simply reset it with your Apple ID... To do that enter the wrong password three times and enter your credentials. If that is not enabled. The other option is to use another admin account you have access to then reset the password of the account you are looking for.

There is a last option... Go intro recovery mode (CMD+R while the Mac is starting up...). Open terminal and type:

resetpassword

PS: Do the right thing, if this is not your Mac return it to the owner. Also, I don't know if the last one still works...

i forgot my computer password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.