Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading messages from iCloud

Hey all

Just did a switch from a older Macbook air to a new one. One issue I have tho is that in iMessages it says downloading messages from iCloud, this has been displayed for a good while now.. Ideas?

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 4:28 PM

Welcome, phantom076, to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are trying to "switch" your "older Macbook" settings to "a new one", but the process seems to be "stuck" in trying to "sync" your iMessages.

My first idea is your network connectivity.

Poor network connectivity can certainly cause such behavior.

Do you have another device that you can connect to the same network to see how well it behaves?

(Unfortunately, there are intermittent issues that can occur that will not, necessarily, exhibit on another device on the same network.)

Other tests may involve "interruption" of the download we hope is taking place.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 4:28 PM in response to phantom076

Welcome, phantom076, to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are trying to "switch" your "older Macbook" settings to "a new one", but the process seems to be "stuck" in trying to "sync" your iMessages.

My first idea is your network connectivity.

Poor network connectivity can certainly cause such behavior.

Do you have another device that you can connect to the same network to see how well it behaves?

(Unfortunately, there are intermittent issues that can occur that will not, necessarily, exhibit on another device on the same network.)

Other tests may involve "interruption" of the download we hope is taking place.

Downloading messages from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.