You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhonex buttons are stuck after getting wet and it keeps calling emergency sos

My daughters phone got wet and the buttons are stuck down. It keeps calling emergency SOS. The battery is charged and it won’t stay shut off because the buttons are stuck down so it keeps restarting automatically. We took the SIM card out.

it already dialed 911 a few times. It is 1:30 in the morning.

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 11:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 11:56 PM

Sorry to hear that, there might be some ways to fix this, but most of them are speculation. Ultimately you'll want to get that phone to apple to repair for water damage.

1, Theres a way to turn off SOS emergency, go to Settings>Emergency SOS>Call with Side Button and disable that feature.

2, Let the battery run out, theres no way to stop it if the phone keeps turning on and off.

3, Don't charge the phone, if your phone components is heavily submerged in water you'll want to avoid a short circuit.

4, Stick in rice before going to apple. minimize the damage.

5, Finally, go to apple or any of it AASP

Hope these ease some of the issues, definitely leave a "helpful" if it worked so I'll know I helped, even if a little bit.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 11:56 PM in response to IngridNey

Sorry to hear that, there might be some ways to fix this, but most of them are speculation. Ultimately you'll want to get that phone to apple to repair for water damage.

1, Theres a way to turn off SOS emergency, go to Settings>Emergency SOS>Call with Side Button and disable that feature.

2, Let the battery run out, theres no way to stop it if the phone keeps turning on and off.

3, Don't charge the phone, if your phone components is heavily submerged in water you'll want to avoid a short circuit.

4, Stick in rice before going to apple. minimize the damage.

5, Finally, go to apple or any of it AASP

Hope these ease some of the issues, definitely leave a "helpful" if it worked so I'll know I helped, even if a little bit.

iPhonex buttons are stuck after getting wet and it keeps calling emergency sos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.