Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchscreen unresponsive randomly

this happened often (happened also in my previous iPad Air and my previous iPad Pro!

nothing helps. Only hard reset helps for sometime, but then unresponsiveness appears again

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 5:45 PM

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing touch screen issues with your iPad Air model.

I believe that your iPad Air may have contracted an serious, hardware and/or software related, intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue/problem/bug/flaw.

See this Apple support link below for some additional help, if needed.

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Per the directions/instructions found in the link above, I strongly suggest/advise you call contact Apple support on this intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue.

This is a well known issue here in these iPad support communities.

This intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue affects a continuing, growing minority of iPad Pro users/models across all 4 years of iPad Pro models, as well as the new 2019 10.5 inch screen iPad Air 3, which is based from the 2017, 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro models.

The best you can do is to continue to alert Apple to this growing issue and hammer the Apple iPad feedback pages mutiple times on this issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

You can post as much multiple feedback about this issue any time.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Sorry that your iPad Air has contracted this issue.

You are now part of small, but still very much a growing minority of larger screen iPad users that have been affected by this intermittent, unresponsive larger iPad touch screen problem/bug/flaw.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 5:45 PM in response to ohadlin

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing touch screen issues with your iPad Air model.

I believe that your iPad Air may have contracted an serious, hardware and/or software related, intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue/problem/bug/flaw.

See this Apple support link below for some additional help, if needed.

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Per the directions/instructions found in the link above, I strongly suggest/advise you call contact Apple support on this intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue.

This is a well known issue here in these iPad support communities.

This intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue affects a continuing, growing minority of iPad Pro users/models across all 4 years of iPad Pro models, as well as the new 2019 10.5 inch screen iPad Air 3, which is based from the 2017, 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro models.

The best you can do is to continue to alert Apple to this growing issue and hammer the Apple iPad feedback pages mutiple times on this issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

You can post as much multiple feedback about this issue any time.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Sorry that your iPad Air has contracted this issue.

You are now part of small, but still very much a growing minority of larger screen iPad users that have been affected by this intermittent, unresponsive larger iPad touch screen problem/bug/flaw.

Jul 31, 2020 1:51 PM in response to ohadlin

Hello,

thanks for your reply, however I believe you missed the point of my complain.

this is my third iPad in a row facing the same problem - Touch Screen Unresponsive Randomly.

i faced the problem with my iPad Pro 2017, with my iPad Air beginning this year and again with a second iPad Air after replacing the previous one.

it is absolutely unacceptable.

i replaced 3 iPads due to that problem!

i must add that I tried everything, hard reset, change the setting according to recommendations in the internet and even erasing and loading my data all over again.

i heard that many other facing the same problem, i believe you aware to that.

what are the options to solve the problem - if any?

thanks

ohad

Jul 31, 2020 1:59 PM in response to ohadlin

None, except to contact Apple support, again, that is recommended in the 1st link I sent you near the top my initial reply to you.

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior level Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with other possible advice/solutions to this iPad touchscreen issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

If need be, you can have your iPad issues escalated all the way up the chain to Apple engineering level customer phone support.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, AT LEAST, logs all support calls and issues.

At this point, this is all you can do, now!

Touchscreen unresponsive randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.