Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup to PC

When I try to backup my son's iPhone 8+ to my PC it wants to set it up as a new phone

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 1:21 PM

It's normal if you connect this phone to this PC fro the first time. Basically it means that it will create a new entry for it in iTunes. NOTE: it also means that this phone will be synced with this iTunes Library, so make sure that Sync Music option is turned off before syncing the device (or make sure that you have a backup of music that is currently on the phone).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 1:21 PM in response to FReilly70

It's normal if you connect this phone to this PC fro the first time. Basically it means that it will create a new entry for it in iTunes. NOTE: it also means that this phone will be synced with this iTunes Library, so make sure that Sync Music option is turned off before syncing the device (or make sure that you have a backup of music that is currently on the phone).

Backup to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.