Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old ipod touch

so i had this old iPod touch years ago. its the first model of the iPod 5g. i thought the iPod was gone, until i recently moved and found it. well the iPod had to be restored which i did with my desktop, but now i have to put in that apple id and password to get into it, which i don't know anymore. its different from my current one because my dad is the one set it up for me when i was little. is there a way i can completely reset it so i can use my current apple id on it? I have a kid who loves to play games on my phone, if i could just fix the iPod, it would save me a bunch of money and time.

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 9:17 AM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you will need to take this document and iPad into an Apple retail location.

Activation Lock

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 9:17 AM in response to Shelbz_pryor

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you will need to take this document and iPad into an Apple retail location.

Activation Lock

old ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.