Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro 11 to replace a Mac Air??

I want to move to an iPad to replace my computer. What 1PAD Pro 11do I need memory wise 256? 512? I had a 4G Mac Air. Do I assume all files will be OK in cloud??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:46 AM

You can take this or leave it, but much as I love love love my iPad Pro 11 2018 with 256 GB and Apple Magic Keyboard, and as much as Apple has moved to make iPad Pro more laptop like, it is still not a true laptop replacement. Yes, you can run a lot of applications on an iPad Pro, but they are still downgraded, not full featured applications like their laptop/computer version. You cannot download software to an iPad pro. If there is no app in the app store for what you need, you can't download it to an iPad.

You really need to determine what you need to be able to do on iPad Pro and see if the scaled down version of the programs you'll routinely use will be enough for your needs. I'll always have an iPad. For the forseseeable future, I'll also have a laptop.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 8:46 AM in response to bennett182

You can take this or leave it, but much as I love love love my iPad Pro 11 2018 with 256 GB and Apple Magic Keyboard, and as much as Apple has moved to make iPad Pro more laptop like, it is still not a true laptop replacement. Yes, you can run a lot of applications on an iPad Pro, but they are still downgraded, not full featured applications like their laptop/computer version. You cannot download software to an iPad pro. If there is no app in the app store for what you need, you can't download it to an iPad.

You really need to determine what you need to be able to do on iPad Pro and see if the scaled down version of the programs you'll routinely use will be enough for your needs. I'll always have an iPad. For the forseseeable future, I'll also have a laptop.

Ipad Pro 11 to replace a Mac Air??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.