Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I try to limit access websites in screen time OK is greyed out.

If I try to limit access to websites in screen time OK is greyed out in box where URL is entered

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:32 AM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2020 10:12 AM in response to williamfromhilliard

I see. I don't think screen time will solve the pop-up issue, but we can try. Images can be uploaded by pressing this icon in the editor toolbar:

I'd recommend trying an ad blocker, such as AdGuard for Safari (free and open source), this can potentially get rid of annoyances like that.

Another thing worth checking out are the settings in Safari > Preferences > Websites, there are options to allow or block notifications and pop-up windows for various websites.

Jul 26, 2020 11:27 AM in response to williamfromhilliard

I see you're trying to block the website using Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content > Web Content. I don't think that's the right approach. If I'm understanding it right, the second screenshot is the Limit Adult Websites setting's customization dialog, which does this: "Automatically limits access to many adult websites. Click Customize to enter additional allowed or restricted websites."

The Web Content restrictions will block whole categories of services, this customization dialog is meant to further fine-tune that, it's not really for defining unrelated blocking rules like the pop-up we're trying to get rid of.

I recommend trying these options instead, like I posted above:

I'd recommend trying an ad blocker, such as AdGuard for Safari (free and open source), this can potentially get rid of annoyances like that.

Another thing worth checking out are the settings in Safari > Preferences > Websites, there are options to allow or block notifications and pop-up windows for various websites.

If you can include any information on the "Your flash player may need to be updated" pop-up, maybe a screenshot or the URL where it appears, that would also be helpful.

Jul 26, 2020 12:28 PM in response to SilkySteel

Box that launches when I click "customize" has the greyed out OK so after entering the URL, I can't accept it. I have downloaded AdGuard to no avail. The attachment shows the URL in tab if you enlargement. lt gives an error when I try to upload an image of the URL and it's about a mile long and very complex. I think they didn't want it be copied manually.

If I try to limit access websites in screen time OK is greyed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.