Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCAM CALL?

208-262-000 iCloud Account Scam Calls

How do I know this is a fraudulent call?

they say my icloud account has been breached

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:57 PM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 12:57 PM in response to Yoda5321

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

Aug 6, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Yoda5321

I've also received calls, dozens a day, from this scam on my landline...my Caller ID show Apple.Inc and a 305 area code number. I called AT&T to report it, but could not block it because it was out of my area code. They referred me to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt&panel1-1where I filed a complaint with the FTC. That was yesterday. Perhaps that can stop it.

SCAM CALL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.