Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about IOS 14 BETA

What will happen to users that have downloaded the IOS 14 BETA when the official IOS 14 comes out in September?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 6:32 PM

Thank you soooooo much Chris!! I was looking everywhere and people where just saying “ remove it with a computer” but all I need to do is remove the profile and wait for the next software update and then it will go to that!

12 replies

Jul 26, 2020 6:24 PM in response to Bailey1888

I believe that's true.. it's been awhile since I did any beta testing.. If I recall correctly though, you may also want to be paying attention to the release date and delete the beta profile about the time they release (assuming that you are just wanting to do it to get a jump start on some of the new features). I remember a scenario, lets just say iOS 12 as I don't recall exactly which.. where I had the beta profile installed and about the time the public version was released, mine was prompting me to install 12.1 beta already.

If you are planning to do this, make sure you read about backing up your device, understanding the risks etc. Beta software can and will break apps, may be unstable, etc. So the recommendation by Apple is that you not do this to your primary device. Also note that if you have issues, you cannot come to this forum and ask for help.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

Question about IOS 14 BETA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.