Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can i do when my camera is not working showing me that the flash is disabled?

What can i do when my iphone camera is not working showing that my flash is disabled?

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:59 AM

What makes you think the flash is disabled? Is it because of an icon like this:

Or this:

If the flash just generally doesn't seem to work, here's a checklist to test it:

1. Remove any case or film that might block the flash.
  2. Test the LED flash by trying the flashlight in Control Center. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
  3. Tap the Flashlight button .
  4. If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  5. If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button  to choose a different setting.

(from https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203040)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 8:59 AM in response to Marx402

What makes you think the flash is disabled? Is it because of an icon like this:

Or this:

If the flash just generally doesn't seem to work, here's a checklist to test it:

1. Remove any case or film that might block the flash.
  2. Test the LED flash by trying the flashlight in Control Center. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
  3. Tap the Flashlight button .
  4. If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  5. If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button  to choose a different setting.

(from https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203040)

What can i do when my camera is not working showing me that the flash is disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.