Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my aerial screensaver only 3 images. A beach, jelly fish and one other?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 6:35 AM

The Aerials screen saver clips are cache files that can be deleted at any time when the device needs the storage for actual content, even preemptively. The Aerials will be deleted when you select a non-Aerials screen saver type. The Aerials will download one new clip in the interval as you have set in Settings. The number of Aerials that you can download depends on how much storage is available on your Apple TV. To manage storage on your Apple TV, go to Settings﹥General﹥Manage Storage.

Aerial screen savers on your Apple TV - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 6:35 AM in response to jfhjr6

The Aerials screen saver clips are cache files that can be deleted at any time when the device needs the storage for actual content, even preemptively. The Aerials will be deleted when you select a non-Aerials screen saver type. The Aerials will download one new clip in the interval as you have set in Settings. The number of Aerials that you can download depends on how much storage is available on your Apple TV. To manage storage on your Apple TV, go to Settings﹥General﹥Manage Storage.

Aerial screen savers on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Jul 27, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not 100% sure what this means..but it might be enough to get me headed in the right direction. I have a new (just bought it 3 weeks ago - 4K HD Vizio 55" TV and a new 4K AppleTV). It was showing the cities when I first connected, I set up to show album covers from my itunes and now when I go back to show 'aerials' it only shows the three I mentioned (and have been 'stuck' on those three for the past week.

any more advice/explanations?

Thanks a ton!

Jul 27, 2020 10:40 AM in response to jfhjr6

The Aerials are send randomized from a collection of close to 90 now. With the current version tvOS you can’t select which ones you want, but the upcoming version tvOS is expected to allow themes selection (cityscape, landscape, earth from space, underwater) for the Aerial screen savers.

You can set the frequency of when to fetch a new clip: never|daily|weekly|monthly. You can’t set it to fetch more than one at a time.

all I want are the cities back like I had before

That is not how it works. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.