Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer contacts to new iPhone SE

Do I need to transfer my SIM card from my iPhone 5s to my new iPhone SE to access my contacts or can I use the quick start method from the iCloud?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:04 AM

Depends on where the contacts are stored.

iPhone's don't store contacts in the sim card, but if the sim card comes from an older non Apple phone, it may have some contacts in it.

You may still want to transfer the sim card since it has your cellular service settings and phone number, unless you activated the service on the new iPhone SE with your carrier already.

If your contacts are stored in iCloud, then simply signing in to iCloud on the new iPhone should download them to the iPhone Contacts App.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 7:04 AM in response to sdbecherer

Depends on where the contacts are stored.

iPhone's don't store contacts in the sim card, but if the sim card comes from an older non Apple phone, it may have some contacts in it.

You may still want to transfer the sim card since it has your cellular service settings and phone number, unless you activated the service on the new iPhone SE with your carrier already.

If your contacts are stored in iCloud, then simply signing in to iCloud on the new iPhone should download them to the iPhone Contacts App.

Transfer contacts to new iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.