Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup issue

Yesterday I purchased an iPhone SE at the Apple Store and confirmed that a backup to iCloud had been completed two hours before. Today, I checked my new phone and it only has photos through May 2020 - missing June/July 2020. Did I lose all these photos? I even logged into my iCloud account and it is only showing photos through May 2020. I'm not sure what happened, but I want to get my photos back. Any help is appreciated!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 6:56 AM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2020 8:04 PM in response to zinacef

Yes I did enable, I’m connected to WiFi but not plugged in. Does that make a difference for other photos to download? Yes, I’m on 50G plan with iCloud and I got a new SE with 128G so plenty of storage available. Representative at the Apple Store even checked to make sure the backup was complete before they disabled my old SE and my storage was so low on my old phone that I always had photos saved iCloud. Not sure what went wrong, I guess I should’ve doubled checked they were in the cloud before disabling at the store but I always thought this was automatic if enabled. (Also, I traded in the older SE so no longer have it) wondering if there is anything else to do?

iCloud backup issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.