Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sign into my Apple ID, it keeps saying verification failed

While trying to sign into my appple id on a Mac computer it just keeps saying verification failed and I know that the information i put in is the correct information because it works on the other account on that same computer. why won’t it let me sign in?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:27 AM

Hello SRBC0550,

Thanks for posting on the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not able to sign into your Apple ID in your primary user account, but on another user account you can sign into the Apple ID just fine.

Assuming that you are signing into the Apple ID using System Preferences, the issue is user-specific to your account. Most specifically the Keychain Access, where your login information gets stored at. The Apple ID and password may be prevented from saving in that specific user, resulting in a permissions issue with your Keychain.

I recommend that you accomplish one of the following steps:

1. Create a new user and migrate your data to it.
  2. Attempt to resolve the permissions issue.
  3. Turn off iCloud Keychain (if enabled) and reset Keychain Access.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 8:27 AM in response to SRBC0550

Hello SRBC0550,

Thanks for posting on the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not able to sign into your Apple ID in your primary user account, but on another user account you can sign into the Apple ID just fine.

Assuming that you are signing into the Apple ID using System Preferences, the issue is user-specific to your account. Most specifically the Keychain Access, where your login information gets stored at. The Apple ID and password may be prevented from saving in that specific user, resulting in a permissions issue with your Keychain.

I recommend that you accomplish one of the following steps:

1. Create a new user and migrate your data to it.
  2. Attempt to resolve the permissions issue.
  3. Turn off iCloud Keychain (if enabled) and reset Keychain Access.

Trying to sign into my Apple ID, it keeps saying verification failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.