Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does intaglio really open .cwf files from AppleWorks?

Hello all -

I have a mid-2011 iMac running 10.13.6. I can also run 10.6.8 from a separate disk, which I need to do to work with my Appleworks .cwk files, mostly the drawing files. I've finally decided to get off my butt and get a current drawing program so I don't have to go back to my 10.6.8. I have iWork'09, but it does not do the drawing files. I've heard there are a few drawing programs which can read cwk files, of which Intaglio seems to be the runaway favorite. So I downloaded and installed their demo version, from both their website and via AppStore, but neither version will read cwk files. Am I missing something? Or do I have to go ahead and buy their $89 version to work with my AppleWorks drawings?

Thanks ahead for any thoughts/suggestions.

• TheOldFart

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 1:47 PM

Your iMac should have shipped with a copy of Appleworks on its original discs. If it did not, finding a copy of it is hard.

Make sure you get version 6.2.9. And the mid-2011 model will only install Mac OS X 10.6 from the original discs anyway. You might be able to get them by calling AppleCare. If Appleworks is not on those discs, but they are labelled with mid-2011 iMac restore, then there are third party sources that still occasionally carry Appleworks.

EazyDraw (version 4.0 for Lion) - is able to replace drawing functionality without some table features found in Appleworks Draw. Ask Eazydraw's author if you think such an object may not be able to be read.

Intaglio link is the one you need for Lion version as well.

The $89 version of Appleworks is only necessary if the prebundled discs did not ship with it. So you might be able to kill two birds with one stone once you get those discs.

Note, you will not be able to open Appleworks on 10.13 on that machine. It will have to install 10.6 on a separate partition or external hard drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 1:47 PM in response to TheOldFart

Your iMac should have shipped with a copy of Appleworks on its original discs. If it did not, finding a copy of it is hard.

Make sure you get version 6.2.9. And the mid-2011 model will only install Mac OS X 10.6 from the original discs anyway. You might be able to get them by calling AppleCare. If Appleworks is not on those discs, but they are labelled with mid-2011 iMac restore, then there are third party sources that still occasionally carry Appleworks.

EazyDraw (version 4.0 for Lion) - is able to replace drawing functionality without some table features found in Appleworks Draw. Ask Eazydraw's author if you think such an object may not be able to be read.

Intaglio link is the one you need for Lion version as well.

The $89 version of Appleworks is only necessary if the prebundled discs did not ship with it. So you might be able to kill two birds with one stone once you get those discs.

Note, you will not be able to open Appleworks on 10.13 on that machine. It will have to install 10.6 on a separate partition or external hard drive.

Does intaglio really open .cwf files from AppleWorks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.