Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have messages turned on in iCloud on my phone, so how do I get to them?

Thanks to the incredible ease at which it's possible to delete ALL messages in a thread, I wanted to see if I could get any of the two years's worth of text messages back from the void, so I logged into icloud.com. There is no category there for messages! HUH? My phone is set to back messages up to iCloud, so where are they? I don't use a Mac for my computer.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 9:53 PM

One cannot access their message in iCloud or at iCloud.com. If you are using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support, then your messages aren't considered a part of the backup ("my phone is set to back messages up to iCloud"). If those messages were deleted whilst using this feature (see link), then those messages are irretrievably gone.

This is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 9:53 PM in response to rling

One cannot access their message in iCloud or at iCloud.com. If you are using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support, then your messages aren't considered a part of the backup ("my phone is set to back messages up to iCloud"). If those messages were deleted whilst using this feature (see link), then those messages are irretrievably gone.

This is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support.

I have messages turned on in iCloud on my phone, so how do I get to them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.