Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have the "Text Forwarding' option

I sometimes don't receive messages on my iPhone 6SPlus - instead I only get them sent to my iMac and iPad. My Apple ID account is the same for all devices.

Apple says to choose the "Text Message Forwarding" option under Settings - Messages but I don't have that under my message settings. I have missed a few messages this way.

Any thoughts n why i am not receiving these?

I have the iMessage option selected.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 12:59 PM

The setting for that is on the phone. It’s the phone that you want to forward the messages from. Your phone should be getting all of your text messages and SMS messages. Text message forwarding is used so that your Mac and iPad can also receive the SMS messages that your phone receives. Do you receive SMS messages at all on your phone? Do you get text messages from Android users?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 12:59 PM in response to kerrinwalder

The setting for that is on the phone. It’s the phone that you want to forward the messages from. Your phone should be getting all of your text messages and SMS messages. Text message forwarding is used so that your Mac and iPad can also receive the SMS messages that your phone receives. Do you receive SMS messages at all on your phone? Do you get text messages from Android users?

I don't have the "Text Forwarding' option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.