Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water Resistant?

My daughter dropped her iPhone 11 in water for less than 5 seconds and less than 12" deep and it no longer works and isn't covered under warranty since contact with liquid. We dried out phone per Apple instructions but no luck. Apple claims up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. Is there anything we can do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 2:16 PM

They do.

It requires you to read.

From the Tech specs:

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 2:16 PM in response to ARKS2002

They do.

It requires you to read.

From the Tech specs:

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Jul 27, 2020 6:05 PM in response to ARKS2002

I'm not going to say I disagree, however, it is what it is. They did not make any false claims. The depth/time figures cited are for testing under controlled laboratory conditions.

If it's any consolation at all, no watch manufacturer will warrant liquid damage to a watch, no matter what the water resistance rating. That includes professional dive watches rated to 300 Meters or more and watches that can cost upwards of 25 to 50 thousand dollars.

Water Resistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.