Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store didn’t change to new region, can’t use apple music

Hey guys,

I changed my apple ID country/region from Germany to Ukraine, entered my Ukrainian billing information, everything seemed fine, subscribed to apple music and now I cannot play any songs because it keeps crashing and saying “this apple id is only valid for use in the Ukrainian store”. My country/region information shows Ukraine, but I can see that if I go to app store it still has Germany exclusive apps there.

Additionally, I know that changing my region should delete all my playlists, but I still see one playlist I created before, though it doesn’t have any music in it.

I shred a link to that playlist with my friends and if I try to open it, it says “the item you’ve requested is not currently available in apple music in Germany”

Seems like I’m stuck between two regions and app stores at the same time

Tried restarting the phone, deleting and downloading apple music, didn’t work.

Thank you

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:46 PM

See the "What to do before you change your country or region" section in:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

and the "Contact Apple Support" section where it says:

If you can't complete any of the steps, can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 1:46 PM in response to tautvydas32

See the "What to do before you change your country or region" section in:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

and the "Contact Apple Support" section where it says:

If you can't complete any of the steps, can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.

Jul 27, 2020 1:53 PM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

I waited for my apple music subscription to end before changing it. I also had apple tv+, which I cancelled before changing the region.

I’ve changed regions before but never had this kind of problem where my app store is still German but my apple music is Ukrainian and they both keep crashing after about 10 second of opening them.

App store didn’t change to new region, can’t use apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.