Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word spacing in Pages

Using left and right justification on Pages can I change the spacing between words.

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 5:37 PM

Hi ron,

Full justification will automatically increase the space between words to fill the width of a column with the words that would fit on each line if the text were justified left OR justified right.

Here are some lines from a column of placeholder text on a Newsletter template. The first shows the default Left justification. The second shows the same text under full justification. Note the difference in spacing between the words.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 5:37 PM in response to ronconiglio

Hi ron,

Full justification will automatically increase the space between words to fill the width of a column with the words that would fit on each line if the text were justified left OR justified right.

Here are some lines from a column of placeholder text on a Newsletter template. The first shows the default Left justification. The second shows the same text under full justification. Note the difference in spacing between the words.

Regards,

Barry

Jul 28, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Barry

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question Barry it did help a little. I am getting my book ready for publication and the publisher wants the text justified right and left which is common in most books. Looking at books that have already been published and are justified left and right I do not see the large spaces like I have in my text. When I use 12pt text size on a 8 x 5 page there is less room for the justification to work so I end up with larger gaps then I would like. Not sure what the answer is but I thank you for trying to help.

Ron

Word spacing in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.