Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use the ssd from my early 2015 macbook air in my newly purchase mid 2017 MacBook air

i recently purchased a replacement computer as my early 2015 lcd is failing and the majority of the screen is covered in vertical lines. I was told that the laptop i was purchasing was 8 gb memory with a 256gb SSD. This was just what i need so i ordered it and when it arrived i was disappointed to find out that it actually had a 128gb SSD instead. The seller graciously agreed to refund my money and allow me to return it but before i do I was wondering if it might be possible to simple remove the 256 GB SSD from my 2015 that is working fine and put it into the 2017? I have only two days to decide before my option to return disappears. Any advise that you could share would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 3:29 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2020 4:00 PM in response to BenVegh

I was fairly sure that was going to be the response but it seemed like something that could be such an easy fix for my situation. No such luck. I suppose i could simply purchase an upgraded SSD that is compatible but I am frustrated that the computer did not come to me as it was described. I suppose i will return it an look for another. Thank you for your help.

Can i use the ssd from my early 2015 macbook air in my newly purchase mid 2017 MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.