Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage says full even after deleting photos

Please guys I need help. I got a notification that iCloud storage was full. I then disabled sync for photos and deleted the folder but till date, it still says I can’t backup to iCloud because it’s full.

Is there anything I need to do to free up space? My phone is showing iCloud storage free space of 3.5gb.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Does it specifically state that your iCloud storage is full, or that you cannot backup because there is not enough space in iCloud?

If it states your iCloud storage is full, trying logging into iCloud.com from a computer and checking your Photos from there. If you turned off iCloud Photos prior to deleting, the Photos may not have deleted from iCloud and you may need to delete manually from iCloud.com. Also make sure you check the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Photos to ensure you delete from there was well, otherwise the Photos will continue to use space.

If you are getting the message that you cannot backup because you do not have enough space, you will likely need to do one or both of these things:

1. Upgrade your iCloud storage
  2. Cleanup/reduce your internal iPhone storage
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 12:16 AM in response to abiola273

Does it specifically state that your iCloud storage is full, or that you cannot backup because there is not enough space in iCloud?

If it states your iCloud storage is full, trying logging into iCloud.com from a computer and checking your Photos from there. If you turned off iCloud Photos prior to deleting, the Photos may not have deleted from iCloud and you may need to delete manually from iCloud.com. Also make sure you check the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Photos to ensure you delete from there was well, otherwise the Photos will continue to use space.

If you are getting the message that you cannot backup because you do not have enough space, you will likely need to do one or both of these things:

1. Upgrade your iCloud storage
  2. Cleanup/reduce your internal iPhone storage

iCloud storage says full even after deleting photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.