Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The installer information on the recovery server is damaged" On my Macbook Air 2017 model.

I messed up the partitions in the SSD while removing Linux. Tried to reboot and there was no startup disk, it went to recovery mode. I tried to do cmd + R, cmd + option + R, cmd + shift + option + R to enter recovery and tried to reinstall Mac OS but no progress.

It was running Catalina when this mishap happened.

TIA

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 1:45 PM

Cold Boot and immediately hold these three keys altogether and at the sometime >> Command+ Option + R. This is Internet Recovery Mode. You MUST have internet access for it to work. It is much like the regular recovery mode except it is booting from Apple Servers. It will take much longer to load. Once in recovery mode use Disk Utility and choose the Top Most Device usually called Apple SSD or something like that. Now, Partition that drive as one partition and format as APFS with GUI. This prepares for the next step. Back out of Disk Utility and download the latest version of macOS offered and install.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 1:45 PM in response to iamkkushal

Cold Boot and immediately hold these three keys altogether and at the sometime >> Command+ Option + R. This is Internet Recovery Mode. You MUST have internet access for it to work. It is much like the regular recovery mode except it is booting from Apple Servers. It will take much longer to load. Once in recovery mode use Disk Utility and choose the Top Most Device usually called Apple SSD or something like that. Now, Partition that drive as one partition and format as APFS with GUI. This prepares for the next step. Back out of Disk Utility and download the latest version of macOS offered and install.

Jul 28, 2020 7:08 AM in response to iamkkushal

Did you install Linux from USB drive? If so, use the Linux USB to boot into. The problem is lightly Linux reformatted the drive as ext4 which is unreadable my MacOS or Windows. While in Linux look around for an App called " gpart ". Will have to use that Linux App to re-partition your internal drive and format to something macOS understands like fat32.

Suggest making a Bootable Install disk of Catalina and again, Option boot to Catalina USB. Use the DU ( Disk Utilities ) to re-partition internal drive as APFS and GUI format. Once done, install Catalina

"The installer information on the recovery server is damaged" On my Macbook Air 2017 model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.