Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I clicked on a spam text message..

Curious if I have anything to worry about after accidentally clicking on a malicious text message. It was delivered from an odd email as an iMessage and I clicked on it unsure of what it was. As soon as I noticed it was spam I immediately closed the Safari window it opened and Googled what to do. After about 30 seconds I turned off my Wifi and Cellular Data so I was completely offline. I then decided to just reset my whole phone and delete everything on it.

I am not sure if it could be related but the previous day I got a spam Facebook message and wondering if it could be related.

Any idea if they could have got any info from my iPhone? I have tons of passwords on it and personal info and pictures. Any way to find out if they DID get something?

Thank you!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:01 AM

You are fine. Nothing to worry about from what you have explained in your post. The only time that you should worry about is IF you entered any information (Username or PW etc) into the website that the spam message led you to. You did not do that. You shut down the website immediately. You are fine.

The spam message form Facebook is probably not related. It is possible that your email address ended up some list out there (not to worry because this happens all the time) and you are getting spam messages due to that. Be vigilant, Be careful and Be Smart, as you have been.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 9:01 AM in response to briiiiih

You are fine. Nothing to worry about from what you have explained in your post. The only time that you should worry about is IF you entered any information (Username or PW etc) into the website that the spam message led you to. You did not do that. You shut down the website immediately. You are fine.

The spam message form Facebook is probably not related. It is possible that your email address ended up some list out there (not to worry because this happens all the time) and you are getting spam messages due to that. Be vigilant, Be careful and Be Smart, as you have been.

Axel F.

I clicked on a spam text message..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.