Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate my new iphone and transfer over all my data from my old phone?

How do I activate my new iphone Xr and transfer over all my data from my old iphone7?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:35 AM

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 9:35 AM in response to EEsterkamp32

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

Jul 28, 2020 9:37 AM in response to EEsterkamp32

If you want to transfer data from another iPhone, you should start by backing it up. Then, follow the instructions on this site: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

If you wish to transfer data from an Android, you will have to download the Move to iOS app from the Play Store. For further assistance with this app, visit this site: Switch to iPhone with the Move to iOS App - Apple.

I hope this helps! Have an amazing day.

How do I activate my new iphone and transfer over all my data from my old phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.