Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing macOS High Sierra Stuck for hours now

I’m currently using a MacBook Pro Early 2011 13 inch. I erased my Macintosh HD memory and now I'm installing High Sierra but it's been stuck at "About 5 Minutes remaining" for a few hours now. I'm doing this in recovery mode. I don't know what to do anymore!

It says on my screen right now, macOS High Sierra will be installed on the disk “Macintosh HD”. Then there is a photo of the disk, then under that is a loading bar, blue color, under that is “About 5 minutes remaining”. I tried shutting down to restart the installation but it got stuck there again. It won’t even reach the part where there is just the apple logo and a progress bar under it. Please help me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 3:21 PM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#notupdated

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 3:21 PM in response to adrianbrynne

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#notupdated

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Installing macOS High Sierra Stuck for hours now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.