Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ongoing calls showing on lock screen

Is there any way for me to hide ongoing calls from showing on my lock screen? It’s very inconvenient for me and I cannot find a way to disable it..

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 7:54 PM

Hello! Thank you very much for the response, I’m afraid I didn’t explain myself correctly.. I was referring to the “call control menu” that shows up whenever you open your iPhone, including when the phone is locked. Since I have an Xr, I accidentally tap things, end calls, etc. Is there anyway to disable this? At least for when the phone is locked...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 7:54 PM in response to sterling r

Hello! Thank you very much for the response, I’m afraid I didn’t explain myself correctly.. I was referring to the “call control menu” that shows up whenever you open your iPhone, including when the phone is locked. Since I have an Xr, I accidentally tap things, end calls, etc. Is there anyway to disable this? At least for when the phone is locked...

Aug 1, 2020 5:45 PM in response to sopita0057

Hello sopita0057,

We want to help manage your Lock screen so it appears as desired.

If you are referring to seeing notifications about calls on the Lock screen, this resource should help: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

This particular section: "Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.

Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.

Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. "

We hope that helps. Have a great day.

Aug 4, 2020 5:08 AM in response to sopita0057

Greetings sopita0057,

Thanks for your reply and for sharing the screenshot of your device.

We understand how you could accidentally tap the screen to disconnect the call, and we have a neat option which might prevent this in the future.

You can open another app or view the Home screen, as shown here: While on a call on iPhone. We want to point you specifically toward the section: "Use another app while on a call".

We trust this serves you well and helps you stay connected.

All the best!

Ongoing calls showing on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.