Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked out of ipad 4

bought my iPad 4 from individual whos family member died and they didn't know his id and password, i checked serial and its not stolen. will apple reset this for me? any help would be greatly appreciated answer here

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:45 AM

Perhaps an Apple Store will help the individual whom you bought that iPad from, if he can pruduce these documents:--> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

You're not the original owner and you can't have the proof of purchase.

In your situation, activation lock can't be bypassed, 'cause you need the credentials that were used to activate thtat device. Without those credentials, that iPad is useless to you, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 6:45 AM in response to dewd799

Perhaps an Apple Store will help the individual whom you bought that iPad from, if he can pruduce these documents:--> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

You're not the original owner and you can't have the proof of purchase.

In your situation, activation lock can't be bypassed, 'cause you need the credentials that were used to activate thtat device. Without those credentials, that iPad is useless to you, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

locked out of ipad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.