Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 id me

When I call someone, my caller id shows both my name and my phone number. My husband just got an iPhone 7 and when he places a call, the caller id only shows his phone number. I searched all the phone functions and this forum, but cannot find the answer to what setting needs to be changed in his phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Nancy

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 11:41 AM

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're husband's facing with caller ID when making calls from his new iPhone. We're glad to look into it with you and help in any way we can, or point you in the right direction.

To start, we can recommend ensuring that the option to "Show My Caller ID" is enabled in the Settings app on his device. This can be found under Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID.

If enabled and the issue persists, the next step we recommend is to ensure that iPhone is fully updated to the latest version of iOS, which is iOS 13.6. The following guide has the instructions to back up his data and apply the latest update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

He'll also want to check to verify that all language and region settings are configured correctly under Settings > General > Language & Region.

We're here for you if you've got any questions, or find that the behavior persists.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 11:41 AM in response to nutrinancy

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're husband's facing with caller ID when making calls from his new iPhone. We're glad to look into it with you and help in any way we can, or point you in the right direction.

To start, we can recommend ensuring that the option to "Show My Caller ID" is enabled in the Settings app on his device. This can be found under Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID.

If enabled and the issue persists, the next step we recommend is to ensure that iPhone is fully updated to the latest version of iOS, which is iOS 13.6. The following guide has the instructions to back up his data and apply the latest update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

He'll also want to check to verify that all language and region settings are configured correctly under Settings > General > Language & Region.

We're here for you if you've got any questions, or find that the behavior persists.

Have a great day!

iphone 7 id me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.