Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro Early 2015 (time to upgrade or get an external hard drive to off load pictures)

which external hard drive is best for off loading pictures from my Mac Book Pro (from early 2015). It takes FOREVER to pull up iPhotos and sometimes it says there are NO PHOTOS. Do I need a faster computer or will putting them on an external hard drive solve the problem?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 1:02 PM

I don't think it's your Mac, per se. My Late 2011 17" MBP handles my library of >40,000 photos just fine. If your internal drive is nearly full, that can cause a host of issues. In that case, I have used LaCie drives with Macs for around 2 decades. Have you tried repairing/rebuilding your Photos library? Hold the command and option keys and launch the app.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 1:02 PM in response to MariaDidThat

I don't think it's your Mac, per se. My Late 2011 17" MBP handles my library of >40,000 photos just fine. If your internal drive is nearly full, that can cause a host of issues. In that case, I have used LaCie drives with Macs for around 2 decades. Have you tried repairing/rebuilding your Photos library? Hold the command and option keys and launch the app.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

Mac Book Pro Early 2015 (time to upgrade or get an external hard drive to off load pictures)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.