Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hackers blocking my Ethernet connection

What can I do to prevent hackers from controlling my Ethernet connection in Mac Pro book computer. How can I gain control from hackers that have compromised my system using the roof ID.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:57 PM

janis50 Sadi:

"Hackers blocking my Ethernet connection: No IP shows up on the Ethernet page under sys pref - network"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Disable Wi-Fi (Or Try Wi-Fi only):

See if it now connects. Also, be certain your are connected to the correct SSID (Network Name).

B. Use MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

C. Create a Third Admin User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator User? You would transfer everything over to it from this user, and then delete this current user.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:57 PM in response to janis50

janis50 Sadi:

"Hackers blocking my Ethernet connection: No IP shows up on the Ethernet page under sys pref - network"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Disable Wi-Fi (Or Try Wi-Fi only):

See if it now connects. Also, be certain your are connected to the correct SSID (Network Name).

B. Use MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

C. Create a Third Admin User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator User? You would transfer everything over to it from this user, and then delete this current user.

Jul 30, 2020 4:00 PM in response to janis50

Janis50 Said:

"Hackers blocking my Ethernet connection: What can I do to prevent hackers from controlling my Ethernet connection in Mac Pro book computer. How can I gain control from hackers that have compromised my system using the roof ID."

-------

Reinstall the macOS Anew:

If you are oh-so concerned about someone hacking your system - then proceed with the following:

You Would:

1. First, Backup your Mac, then

2. Then, install your macOS Mojave anew.

3. Finally, migrate it over.

In Depth:

1. Back up your Mac:

Start by Creating a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Mojave. Delete the hard drive's partition. Then, install this macOS with. Go Here: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support.

3. Migrate and Reinstall Data and Apps:

Next migrate it over from the Time Machine Backup you created in step 1 to this new install. If required, request from the developers new keys for the software, informing them that your computer crashed. Ask for 64-bit installers, if looking to install Catalina and upgrade thereafter.

Jul 30, 2020 3:07 PM in response to janis50

Readers can't help you with government hackers.

But if there is even the most remote possibility you have other, solvable issues, and can provide more information, Readers are eager to provide advice.

System Preference > Network > Ethernet|Wi-Fi ....

what does that screen say?

If you click on the Hardware tab there, is it showing a Proxy? if so, remove it.

Jul 30, 2020 3:15 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Sorry I am getting desperate Rhys been going on almost 2 years now. Screen says Not connected. Proxy not being used. Service providers says everything looks good on their end. I purchased a physical VPN and ONLY a cable modem router, this is the reason they blocking Ethernet on operating system. What are all the places I can check to make sure they haven’t turned off config or driver I need to work? Your help appreciated.

Hackers blocking my Ethernet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.