Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Calling

Is it true that only iPhones can do WiFi Calling on Verizon carriers

iPhone

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Yes. Wi-Fi calling has to be provided by the network. You can get this on other providers other than Verizon, as I'm not from the US myself I'm unaware of the list of carriers which offer it over there but in the UK, every major network has signed up and allows it.

You can find out more about WiFi calling here Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling – Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 5:42 PM in response to LSH426

Yes. Wi-Fi calling has to be provided by the network. You can get this on other providers other than Verizon, as I'm not from the US myself I'm unaware of the list of carriers which offer it over there but in the UK, every major network has signed up and allows it.

You can find out more about WiFi calling here Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling – Apple Support

Jul 30, 2020 5:33 PM in response to ckuan

Thank you Ckuan. I had a Verizon person tell me that every single Verizon carrier in the United States is capable of Wifi Calling. I also had someone tell me that only iPhones can make Wifi calls on Verizon carriers. I have had people tell me to verify wifi calling with the carrier and with the cell phone manufacturer. My head is spinning.

Jul 30, 2020 6:48 PM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Again, thank you very much for your replies. I have been told that BOTH the cell phone and the carrier must be capable of WiFi calling. I can only get a Verizon carrier where I live and I have learned that the Verizon carrier that I use, is capable of WiFi calling. So, I come back to my original question: Is it true that only Apple iPhones can make WiFi calls on Verizon carriers or will other brands of smartphones work on Verizon carriers too, with regards to WiFi calling? Thanks very much for your help.

WiFi Calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.