Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice mail full

When people call, they are unable to leave a voice message. I have cleared my messages and deleted the deleted messages but it has not fixed the problem. Any advice? Thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:15 PM

Who's your carrier? I have Verizon and deleting from the voicemail app didn't do anything either.

Try dialing your voicemail box (may vary by carrier). Once you're calling your voice mail box, you should get the option to review each voice mail individually and delete or keep the voice mail. Follow the prompts in the call-in voice mail to delete. Kinda a hassle, but it worked for me. I did not receive any charges for calling into my voicemail box

I think the problem is that deleting from the app is just erasing it from your physical device. You're not actually deleting the voicemail from your carrier account. Does that make sense?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 8:15 PM in response to idkhm

Who's your carrier? I have Verizon and deleting from the voicemail app didn't do anything either.

Try dialing your voicemail box (may vary by carrier). Once you're calling your voice mail box, you should get the option to review each voice mail individually and delete or keep the voice mail. Follow the prompts in the call-in voice mail to delete. Kinda a hassle, but it worked for me. I did not receive any charges for calling into my voicemail box

I think the problem is that deleting from the app is just erasing it from your physical device. You're not actually deleting the voicemail from your carrier account. Does that make sense?

Voice mail full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.