Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is lost/stolen. I've gone through the FIND MY and showed it lost. Nothing. I have also filed a police report. How do I get ahold of someone live with Apple to give them the IMEI number?

My ipad is lost/stolen. I filed a police report. Would like to talk to a live person from Apple support to give them the IMEI number. Is that possible?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 5:50 AM

Giving Apple the IMEI number is pointless. Apple does NOT get involved in lost or stolen devices at all. If you had a Cellular iPad, and you were paying for data on it, you can contact your cell provider.

See this link for what to do about lost or stolen devices --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 5:50 AM in response to GermanGirl1962

Giving Apple the IMEI number is pointless. Apple does NOT get involved in lost or stolen devices at all. If you had a Cellular iPad, and you were paying for data on it, you can contact your cell provider.

See this link for what to do about lost or stolen devices --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

My ipad is lost/stolen. I've gone through the FIND MY and showed it lost. Nothing. I have also filed a police report. How do I get ahold of someone live with Apple to give them the IMEI number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.