Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased and downloaded a song that I want to use as a ringtone, but when I try to do that, that song is not on the list of purchased ringtones, where do I go from there? Thank you in advance!!

I purchased and downloaded a song that I want to use as a ringtone, but when I go to post it as a ringtone, that song doesn’t show up on the downloaded songs. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance! =)

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:42 AM

Hello Sandifromlakeside,

It sounds like you purchased a song and discovered you cannot set the song as a ringtone. You cannot set a song as ringtone, you can purchase a ringtone of the song or you can use GarageBand or Logic to create your own ringtone. Check out this link to learn more about using ringtones.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 8:42 AM in response to sandifromlakeside

Hello Sandifromlakeside,

It sounds like you purchased a song and discovered you cannot set the song as a ringtone. You cannot set a song as ringtone, you can purchase a ringtone of the song or you can use GarageBand or Logic to create your own ringtone. Check out this link to learn more about using ringtones.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

I purchased and downloaded a song that I want to use as a ringtone, but when I try to do that, that song is not on the list of purchased ringtones, where do I go from there? Thank you in advance!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.