Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete 32 bit applications from my Macbook Pro

How do I delete 32 bit applications from my macbook?

Thanks,

Maureen

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 7:40 AM

There are several ways:

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

The part they leave out is to first see if an app's developer included an uninstaller, or has one available on its web site. Those apps are easy to spot because they do not show up as removable through Launchpad, as in this example. The two MS Office apps do not show the "remove" icon (an "X") because MS Office comes with its own uninstaller:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 7:40 AM in response to haybaler850

There are several ways:

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

The part they leave out is to first see if an app's developer included an uninstaller, or has one available on its web site. Those apps are easy to spot because they do not show up as removable through Launchpad, as in this example. The two MS Office apps do not show the "remove" icon (an "X") because MS Office comes with its own uninstaller:

Jul 31, 2020 8:41 AM in response to haybaler850

Strange. I'm still at Mojave and have working 32-bit apps, so Launch Pad may be displaying differently in Catalina. You may need to ask in the Catalina forums. Probably worth a screen shot if you can post one.

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

The second option is the one I used to take the shot I posted earlier. Screenshots are, by default, saved to your desktop. You insert one in a post by using the "Image Insertion" tool:

How do I delete 32 bit applications from my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.