Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does macOS still doesn’t support multi displays with single TB Dock?

It seem like macOS still doesn‘t support two displays with single cable TB 3 hub. Is there any way to active this „feature“?

p.s. don‘t tell/ask why not using two separate cables. if I want to connect each device directly to mac I wound‘t bother to get an docking station!

MacBook Pro 15″, 10.13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 10:56 AM

I think we need more details here.

Depending on your Mac model, Mac OS does support daisy-chaining TB3 displays, so even without the hub it should be possible to drive two displays off a single cable from your Mac, if the Mac supports it and the display has multiple TB ports.

Given that displays with multiple ports are, themselves, essentially embedded TB3 hubs, I'd try connecting directly to the first display and daisy-chaining to the second as a test. That will at least identify if your system can support it, and if the hub itself is the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 10:56 AM in response to asdren_kuci

I think we need more details here.

Depending on your Mac model, Mac OS does support daisy-chaining TB3 displays, so even without the hub it should be possible to drive two displays off a single cable from your Mac, if the Mac supports it and the display has multiple TB ports.

Given that displays with multiple ports are, themselves, essentially embedded TB3 hubs, I'd try connecting directly to the first display and daisy-chaining to the second as a test. That will at least identify if your system can support it, and if the hub itself is the issue.

Jul 31, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Camelot

the hub is not the issue, because it works with windows. I have MacBook Pro 15‘‘ Touch Bar 2017. When I connect the dock to mac I see a duplicate display. To be able to use both displays I have to connect the second display directly.

The issue seems to be old (https://medium.com/@sebvance/everything-you-need-to-know-about-macbook-pros-and-their-lack-of-displayport-mst-multi-stream-98ce33d64af4).

Does macOS still doesn’t support multi displays with single TB Dock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.