Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing without sharing credit card

I want to start family sharing of bought content, but I dont want to share my credit card with my children. Apple is very inconveniant and werd this way. How can I set up that?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 1:08 PM

You don't directly share the credit card with your children in Family Sharing. They won't know what it is or see it in any way. if that is what you are worried about.

You can also control purchases with "Ask to Buy" if you are worried about them making purchases without your approval: Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 1:08 PM in response to fharestad

You don't directly share the credit card with your children in Family Sharing. They won't know what it is or see it in any way. if that is what you are worried about.

You can also control purchases with "Ask to Buy" if you are worried about them making purchases without your approval: Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Jul 31, 2020 12:57 PM in response to fharestad

fharestad wrote:

I want to start family sharing of bought content, but I dont want to share my credit card with my children. Apple is very inconveniant and werd this way. How can I set up that?

I'm afraid you can't. The organizer agrees to be responsible for all purchases made by the family. This is in exchange for the ability to share your purchases.

You can stop purchase sharing to avoid this. You can also have family members redeem iTunes Gift Cards to their account. These credit balances will be used before your method of payment.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Family Sharing without sharing credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.