Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil not connecting

I just purchased a first generation Apple Pencil TODAY and I’ve been using it,and charging in but, all of the sudden when I pair it and take the pencil out of my iPad it stops connecting

,please help I’m very worried.

I’ve tried forgetting and trying again

and resetting my iPad but it won’t work.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 6:03 AM

Make sure that your iPad is updated to iOS 13.6 and also try plugging the iPad into charge and unplug it right away. In other words, plug it into the wall socket using the power adapter, then plug the cable into the iPad port, then unplug the cable and then plug in Apple Pencil into the port.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 6:03 AM in response to SaraClair

Make sure that your iPad is updated to iOS 13.6 and also try plugging the iPad into charge and unplug it right away. In other words, plug it into the wall socket using the power adapter, then plug the cable into the iPad port, then unplug the cable and then plug in Apple Pencil into the port.

Jul 31, 2020 7:38 PM in response to SaraClair

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

Apple Pencil not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.