Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download game pigeon ??

I just moved from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS and everything was restored from the cloud. Except game pigeon. So I go to the App Store and it’s still showing the cloud symbol indicating that I have to download and when I click on it, nothing happens!

It’s been 3 days! Please fix or help, this is getting really upsetting.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 4:52 AM

7 replies

Aug 3, 2020 5:34 PM in response to Fëj

Hey Fëj,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! We understand that you're having issues downloading GamePigeon from the App Store, and we’d like to investigate this with you, and ensure we explore every opportunity to help.

To help with this, please apply all the steps in the following link:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Should you still need help after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly.

You can do that here: Contact Apple Support.

Aug 4, 2020 6:30 AM in response to Fëj

Howdy Fëj,

We appreciate getting back to us, and sharing those screenshots. It looks like the app is hidden but you're unable to open it. Also, you're stuck when you try to download the app from the App Store. Let's continue working on this together.

Hide App Store purchases

" You can't unhide an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you can redownload an app. You don't have to buy the app again"

Please try the steps in the link above under: " About unhiding apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

If you're still having issues, try to connect to another Wi-Fi network.

The next step would be to go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores on your device, and tap on the ID, and sign out. After that restart your device, once restarted log back in under Settings > iTunes & App Stores.

Note, this will remove any Apple Music downloads.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Best regards.

Aug 6, 2020 6:38 AM in response to Fëj

Hi Fëj,

We want you to be able to enjoy playing your game, and we understand that you're still having issues downloading it.

From here we want to restore the device to factory settings (without the backup you will lose data. So verify that you have a newly set up backup) 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Set it up as new and try to download your game to see if the issue continues there, here's how to restore: 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

We'd suggest following the steps to restore your iPhone and set it up as a new device, just temporarily, to see if the issue occurs without your data loaded to the device. 

When you set up your iPhone you can sign in to iCloud to sync Contacts, Calendars, and other information, but we want to be certain there's nothing in a previous backup that could be causing this behavior.

In the meantime, have you tried to download while being connected to a good known Wi-Fi network?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Aug 3, 2020 7:33 PM in response to cp from OH

I have done all the steps and the app is still refusing to download. while exploring my App Store account and the app I found that the app is under the “hidden purchases”, where it appears it’s been downloaded. But under app search on the store, the app shows that it’s not been downloaded, but is in progress. It’s been this way for days! Please see screenshots.

i cannot stop the download from my home screen because the app I want to download (game pigeon) is not there in my home screen. I have successfully downloaded all other apps, even yesterday, with no issues. Just this one app.

I also can’t contact sole support because its not available in my region.

Aug 6, 2020 4:59 AM in response to i_rina

Hi! Thanks for your message.

However, unhiding the app didn’t work. Whenever I click on the app, the page freezes and none of the buttons work.

I have tried the other steps Of logging out and back into my AppStore. I have restarted my phone so many times I’ve lost count and The app is still refusing to download.

Aug 10, 2020 5:10 AM in response to chris_g1

Thank you for your response @chris_g1.

I did everything you suggested and there was no change. I even reset my phone. Which was so stressful btw.

Anyways, I figured the issue might be with my Apple ID, so I signed into the AppStore with a different Apple ID and it worked. I’ve been able to download it.

so to recap, the solution to not being able to download this app, was to sign in to the AppStore with a different Apple ID .

thanks for all your help :)

Why can’t I download game pigeon ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.