Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone storage

I seem to have about 20GB of storage taken up in ‘other’ Storage, how can I make space in that?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 2:31 PM

I have read this issue on this forum several times on a daily basis. This is something that appears to have become an issue which is visible enough to the point of Apple being notified. This has happened to me as well and here is how I have solved it.

It appears that most of your data is stuck in the other category. I only know of one way to clean up the storage and minimize the "other" category and here is how- (This involves erasing your iPhone and restoring it to factory settings and then restoring from a back up file).

1. Back up your iPhone to a computer as shown here ➔ Back up your iPhone to your computer.
  2. Erase your iPhone and restore to factory settings by opening Settings General Reset Erase all content and Settings
  3. Restore your iPhone from that back up file on your computer (Step 1) as shown here ➔  Restore your iPhone from a computer back up.

I know that this may turn into a time consuming event and other members of this forum may have other ideas however this is the method that has worked for me.

I also urge you to ➔ provide a direct feedback to Apple so that Apple begins to work on a solution for this issue. This issue is not something that happens to everyone however the affected numbers, based on this forum only, is greater than it should be in my opinion.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 2:31 PM in response to aledi

I have read this issue on this forum several times on a daily basis. This is something that appears to have become an issue which is visible enough to the point of Apple being notified. This has happened to me as well and here is how I have solved it.

It appears that most of your data is stuck in the other category. I only know of one way to clean up the storage and minimize the "other" category and here is how- (This involves erasing your iPhone and restoring it to factory settings and then restoring from a back up file).

1. Back up your iPhone to a computer as shown here ➔ Back up your iPhone to your computer.
  2. Erase your iPhone and restore to factory settings by opening Settings General Reset Erase all content and Settings
  3. Restore your iPhone from that back up file on your computer (Step 1) as shown here ➔  Restore your iPhone from a computer back up.

I know that this may turn into a time consuming event and other members of this forum may have other ideas however this is the method that has worked for me.

I also urge you to ➔ provide a direct feedback to Apple so that Apple begins to work on a solution for this issue. This issue is not something that happens to everyone however the affected numbers, based on this forum only, is greater than it should be in my opinion.

Axel F.

IPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.