Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I pad says it is full but I have 2 tb of storage unused. I have deleted photos and videos and it still says full

My I pad says it is full but I have 2 tb of storage unused. I have deleted photos and videos and it still says full

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:13 PM

Hello,

The most any iPad configuration Apple has sold tops off at 1 TB of internal storage. It is physically impossible for an iPad to have 2 TB of unused storage.

Apple currently offers a 2 TB iCloud storage plan. iCloud storage is not the same as iPad’s internal storage. Purchasing an iCloud storage plan does not magically add more storage chips onto iPad’s logic board.

You can manage iPad’s internal storage in Settings > General > iPad Storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 7:13 PM in response to Calfucius

Hello,

The most any iPad configuration Apple has sold tops off at 1 TB of internal storage. It is physically impossible for an iPad to have 2 TB of unused storage.

Apple currently offers a 2 TB iCloud storage plan. iCloud storage is not the same as iPad’s internal storage. Purchasing an iCloud storage plan does not magically add more storage chips onto iPad’s logic board.

You can manage iPad’s internal storage in Settings > General > iPad Storage.

Aug 1, 2020 7:16 PM in response to Calfucius

Where are you getting this 2TB of storage from.

iPads max out at 1.0 TB of storage for iPad Pro models ONLY!

What iPad model/kind do you own?

What is the “A” model number of your iPad?

The “A” model number of your iPad can be found on the lower area of the aluminium back of your iPad in small print letters right underneath the large, bold printed” iPad”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.